Local Property Tax – 31st March 2014 Deadline
The 31st March 2014 is the last date you have to bring your Local Property Tax requirements up to date.
If you have:
- Not Paid your 2012 Household Charge
- Filed and Paid your 2013 and or 2014 Local Property Tax Returns
- Undervalued your property or
- Claimed an exemption you were not entitled to
you have until 31st March to bring your Local Property Tax affairs up to date to AVOID interest or penalties.
If you miss the 31 March 2014 deadline
In the case of missed deadline, Revenue will:
- Charge interest at a daily rate of .0219% from the date the tax was due being 1 July 2013 for 2013 Local Property Tax and Household Charge and 1 January 2014 for 2014 Local Property Tax.
- You will not qualify for Tax Clearance
- Mandatory deduction from wages and occupational pensions for the €200 Household Charge will start from April.
What to do before 31st March 2014
- Ensure Household charge is paid.
- Ensure you have filed and paid 2013 and 2014 Local Property TaxCharge.
- If you undervalued your property – Login to Local Property Tax On Line and correct your valuation and pay the additional tax due.
If you do not have your Property ID or PIN you can ring 1890 -200 255 to obtain your ID/PIN
More information can be found at Revenue.ie
Posted by Simone Hennessy