(L to R) John O’Connell, Hugh McGeown, Simone Hennessy
The TIAG trip to Portugal over the week starting the 2nd May was a huge success and was attended by partners John O’Connell, Hugh McGeown and Simone Hennessy. The TIAG alliance is a global forum for accountants all over the world to interact through the network and use each others expertise in the individual countries to assist in bringing maximum benefit to clients. Along with TIAG, a sister association for Law firms called TAGLaw run its conferences in conjunction with the accountants.
The conference in May was held in Lisbon and was well attended by TIAG members. Tax, Audit and general economic issues were some of the topics of discussion over the few days of the conference. Various ‘speciality’ groups were also formed for what are deemed breakout sessions.
The TIAG website, www.tiagnet.com, gives a list of the events held over the few days;
- “Back in My Day…” The Impact of the Generation Gap on Law and Accounting Firms;
- Ready or Not, Here They Come: Millennials Are the Future of Your Firm;
- Digital Currency… Out of the Shadows and into the Spotlight;
- Technology in Service Firms – Staying Ahead of the Curve and Improving Productivity and Profitability;
- Open Forum: Women in Leadership;
- Turning Disruption into Opportunities for Your Firm – Hot Topic Collaborative Roundtables; and
- Various “Specialty Group” breakout sessions.
The conference was very successful and HSOC look forward to attending again in the near future.